Keep up to date with the latest UHERO products.
KITV Project Economy: Employment On The Rise
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics released its monthly employment report this morning and reported another decrease in the US Unemployment rate?
- We also saw a decline in the Unemployment rate to 8.3%, so this was a really good report?
- As you know, we are focusing on Personal Finance this week. I know that is not the focus of UHERO, but can you give us any tips?
KITV Project Economy: More Fed Easing?
- There was a large amount of economic news that came out this week - can you summarize?
- What does the forecast mean?
- Let's talk about unemployment numbers - why are Hawaii unemployment numbers rising as the rest of the nation's numbers fall?
KITV Project Economy: Will Tesoro Sale Effect Hawaii Gas Prices
- Will this potential sale mean higher gas prices?
- Tesoro is being very tight lipped as to why they are selling all these stations and the refinery. What is your opinion about it?
- Do you think it's possible that Chevron may jump in?
KITV Project Economy: Explaining The Council On Revenues
- The council on revenues met yesterday and lowered its forecast for State Tax Revenues for 2012. How much was the revision, and why did you lower the forecast?
- A forecast of 11.5% growth still seems very strong. Is our economy really doing that well?
- What was the good news for the national economy?
KITV Project Economy: How The Payroll Tax Impacts Hawaii
- How will the payroll tax cut affect us?
- Congress is looking at extending unemployment benefits - what does that mean for the unemployment rate, and for people still looking for work?
- Is the busy holiday retail season a sign that there could be better things in the future?
KITV Project Economy: Why Are The Hawaii Rich Getting Richer
- What do the numbers tell us about income inequality?
- What share of income goes to the rich and uber-rich (the top 10%)?
- Why is there an income disparity?
KITV Project Economy: UHERO Releases New Asia Pacific Forecast
- Are moods improving with the economy?
- What does your Asia-Pacific report include?
- What are the long-range issues and impacts in that region from natural disasters like the tsunami in Japan?
KITV Project Economy: Super Committee With Super Deadline
- What exactly is the super committee?
- It sounds like the exact same thing that Congress was in last summer - are they in the same 'rut', essentially?
- What happens if they don't reach this deadline?
KITV Project Economy: APEC's Impact On Local Economy
- What is the news with Japan?
- Is the strengthening of the Chinese currency likely to happen?
- What can you tell us about Russia?
KITV Project Economy: APEC's Long Term Economic Impact
- What are the long-term impacts from APEC??
- Is there going to be a positive impact? Is the global economy having an effect here in the islands?
- Can you explain the title of UHERO's new report, "Hawaii in Pause Mode"?
KITV Project Economy: Economic Growth Sees Slight Improvement
- What is behind the optimism in the stock market?
- How significant is the 2.5% GDP growth?
- What is the significance of the low residential investment rate?
KITV Project Economy: UHERO Receives National Website Honor
- What do the new state unemployment numbers mean?
- Can you tell us about the website award that UHERO recently received?
- What is AUBER?
KITV Project Economy: Jobs Growth
- Is the job report good news for the executives and individuals who have been looking for work for quite a while?
- Any sectors showing promise in this job report?
- How is this related to the unemployment rate?
KITV Project Economy: Why Stocks Rallied This Week
- What are investors seeing in the current economic climate?
- How is the Greek debt crisis affecting our financial markets?
- What would financial stability in Europe mean to the US?
KITV Project Economy: Why Stocks Plunged
- A lot of people looked at those stock numbers and made a big gasp. More than 400 points yesterday. What exactly happened in relation to what the Fed was doing for the last two days?
- We've seen this "panic button" being pushed before so are we going to see more of this in the future?
- The Fed released what it called Operation Twist. There's really mixed reaction - what's your reaction to this and do you think it will work to boost the economy?