The UHERO Rapid Health Survey is building the data infrastructure at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and UHERO that will allow us to inform the design and execution of public health programs in the state of Hawaii for COVID-19 and other disasters while simultaneously addressing systemic health disparities.
The study is open to adults in the state of Hawaii only. We are recruiting about 2000 participants willing to take several online surveys. The first month’s survey will take about 30 minutes to complete. The follow-up survey will take about 10 minutes to complete and will be at most once a month. You will be paid for each survey that you complete.
Participants will receive a $20 (twenty dollars) gift card upon completion of the initial survey, in which the participants answer questions about:
- Contact information such as your name, date of birth, address, race, ethnicity, job, and household information.
- Information about COVID-19, medical history, and vaccination status.
- Information about your overall health, education, family, home, relationship, behavior, and social life, among others.
- This survey will inform the development of the follow-up surveys.
Participants will receive a $10 (ten dollars) gift card if they are invited and complete the follow-up monthly survey about:
- Any changes to the information provided in the initial survey.
- Information about behavior, attitudes questions, medical history, and social life, among others.
All the information provided will be confidential, and securely stored at the University of Hawaii, and your name will be removed from your answers.
We thank you in advance for your time and hope you can help us measure and understand the Covid-19 impact across Hawaii and find solutions to more effectively reduce health disparities in Hawai’i.
For any questions about this study, please contact us at UHERORS@hawaii.edu