The University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization (UHERO) is looking for an IT Specialist who will manage and maintain the operation of existing hardware, software, and databases used by UHERO faculty and fellows, by outside collaborators, and by the general public. We are a dynamic, collaborative team who support flexible work arrangements. This is a full-time, permanent position at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa.
The specialist will:
- Manage and maintain the operation of existing software systems and databases used by UHERO faculty and fellows, by outside collaborators, and by the general public.
- Progressively develop aforementioned software systems and databases, and create new ones, to meet evolving needs.
- Administer and maintain the hardware and virtual machine platforms, with an eye to security.
- Assist with all projects in support of UHERO’s data needs, including dashboards, data portals, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and propose medium-to-long-term improvements in all the above.
For the full list of duties and responsibilities, minimum and desirable qualifications visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu/jobs/4146483/it-specialist-pos-0079547?keywords=79547&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs